Saturday, June 25, 2016

Slight hiccup

My plans fell apart Thursday.

I was gonna go to the gym and do everything right! But then my immune system had other plans.

All day Thursday, my sinuses started hoarding phlegm like it was going out of style.  That combined with drainage and general feeling of "bleh" kept me from not only going to the gym, but to work at all on Friday.  


Unfortunately it also kept me from going to my support group this morning.

My folks came over to the house and brought me soup, my wife brought more soup home for dinner and I have been keeping hydrated pretty well...so I have that going for me, which is nice.

I was really disappointed I couldnt make it to the gym and get my three days a week in.  I know, I know - I can make it up next week.  But come on, I want to continue doing so well when I have all of this momentum.

I will say this - having parents and in-laws that care about you is awesome.  So my mom and pop brought the soup and a superman stuffed bear to me, plus visited for a little bit (That brought my spirits up) and my mom-in-law, who's a doctor, keeps checking in on me.  Like, I am the luckiest guy alive to have a caring family, wife and friends.

I really am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. 

Keep on walkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment