Saturday, June 4, 2016

32

Today is my 32nd birthday.



I am fairly confident that I weigh less now than I was a year ago, and I am healthier - mentally and physically - than I was then, too.

I am going to give myself a gift...but more on that later.

I went to my group meeting today and it went very well.  We were encouraged to say how long we have been "abstinent" and what sort of physical recovery we have gone through.

I am approaching 30 pounds lost, multiple inches (still need to get a damn tape measure) and, like I said, I am healthier.

I got up and spoke and vocally went through the process again of analyzing why I was disappointed at my weight loss the other day.  It was good for me to do that because it is reaffirming the positive steps that I have make and continue to make.

I am doing everything I can, and with the addition of walking I will be doing more! By the way, rain has been a constant issue where I am and has hindered my walking thusfar - but I am hopeful that I will be able to do at least the three days that I have committed to. I am AT the "goal" that I should be at, which is doing what I can do improve on myself.

Now to the gift.

I am giving myself the gift of effort. The gift of all of the time, thought, effort, pain, tears and more that will come with this journey. All of that is my gift to me because I am worth it.  I am worth the hard work that it is going to take. I am worth the time. I am worth the tears. I am worth the strength that it is going to take.

Keep on walkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment