Saturday, June 18, 2016

Good day



So things have been going good for me.  

My experiment on a better way to go to the gym worked as planned - now I will be going before work instead of heading to work early, rushing home, rushing through a packed gym for workout and then home to be exhausted.

I went on Thursday morning and I had the entire free weights section to myself.

It. was. AWESOME.

Even the people are better in the evening.  The 5 guys I was sharing the space with were quiet, didnt faff about on their phones, didnt waste time talking to each other.  They were there to get shiz done.

So, starting Monday, I will be getting up just a smidge earlier than usual - only by about 10 minutes - and then getting my workout taken care of before I even go to work.  I was a little sore throughout the day - moreso than usual - but I was still a little bit more awake.

Aside from that, I am noticing some changes in my endurance, strength and, \get this, my seatbelt.

My seatbelt in the car a few months ago was just a little tight.  I didnt really have much room and it felt like it was kind of cutting me off at the gut.  Now, however, it is much looser.

Also, on the endurance front, today I mowed the lawn.  Mind you, it was a bajillion degrees outside at the time, and I was pretty darn tired, but besides that I was able to take care of business and have less breaks in the process.  I felt spectacular...plus, I earned an additional 1000+ calories to my daily total, meaning I am gonna have a GOOD dinner!

Nothing else to report so far.  I have a great recipe planned for Monday involving chicken, rice noodles, tons of veggies and peanut sauce.

Keep on walkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment