Friday, May 27, 2016

Water

I started by water challenge yesterday.

Or rather, I completely forgot until the last possible moments.

I went to work in the morning, worked all day, and then as I was leaving the office, I remembered!

"OH CRAP! I forgot to do my water challenge! Well...I can pick up a gallon at the gas station and chug it on the way home - that will be easy."

Stupid move, Matt.

See, there were a few flaws in my plan.



My number 1 flaw (get it? HA!) was to account for the distance I drive.  On an average, it takes me around 70 minutes to get home. Yesterday, though, took around an hour and a half.  When I got home, I ran in, pecked my wife on the cheek and ran for the bathroom.

After returning to the living room, I informed my wife of my plan and she laughed. Then made a bet that I would get up twice during the night.  She lost, I got up three times.  After the 5 - count them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - bathroom runs I had in the three hours between arrival at home and bedtime.

It will take some time to get my body into some kind of equilibrium with this whole water thing.

Second flaw, and much less traumatic, was accounting for how I would feel.  I am a camel when it comes to water. I can put away a large amount.  After chugging a gallon though, I could literally hear the water sloshing around in my stomach.  In addition, at dinner last night, I was walking a fine line.  As fast as my body was processing the water, I was putting a spoonful of delicious food in my mouth.  It was a risky dance, and at some times I crossed the line and nearly lost my dinner, but I got through it.

SO! Notes to self: Check traffic before chugging water on the ride home.
Secondly, though more importantly, DONT CHUG A GALLON OF WATER ALL AT ONCE.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Keep on walkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment