Thursday, May 19, 2016

Tests

Faced a bit of a trial this morning.

First off, while I was getting ready for work, packing my lunch, making breakfast and the like, I spotted something...an orange pumpkin.

Why is there an orange pumpkin in my house?

Because the wife put it there. Last October.

What is in the pumpkin?

CANDY.

Halloween candy is one of my kryptonites. It is something that I have a hard time resisting, even if it is 7 months old.  But I was all like


And I passed it by!

Secondly, we are out of iced coffee, so I decided to go to the gas station on the way to work and grab an energy drink.  Now, I know they aren't the best for me, but I choose the low carb/zero calorie ones so...ya know...not so bad.  

In the process I also decide to get a protein bar for my afternoon snack instead of the delicious pork rinds that were my sodium downfall yesterday.  Searching for them in the convenience store and where do they put those protein thingies? Right directly across from MORE CANDY.  Those sumbitches. 

Regardless, feeling the empowerment of Gandalf facing the balrog, I passed them by without second notice.

Hey, gotta celebrate those non-scale victories, right?

Keep on walkin'.

Note to self: throw out pumpkin candy when I get home. Or better yet, get the wife to do it before I get home.

2 comments: