Wednesday, May 18, 2016

First steps

I doubt that I will be able to come up with a whole lot of references to walking for my blog posts, so savor them while you can.

539.4.  Thats the number that I have to beat and that I will never see again.

First days can go many ways, but this one wasn't too bad.  I dutifully stuck to my eating plan (below) and avoided unnecessary and unhealthy foods.  Thats the first step and will be the big ones until I feel like I have that under control.

Here's what my meals consisted of:

Breakfast - 375 calories
2 slices 100% Whole wheat bread 120
1 T Strawberry Preserves 30
1 T Peanut butter 90
2 cups coffee with 6 T Sugar free creamer (3 T per)
1 cup iced coffee with 3 T same creamer Total 135

Lunch - 681 calories
Mission burrito wrap jalapeno cheddar - 210
4 oz chicken breast - 187
1/2 c babaganoush - 50
1/2 c tabbouleh - 56
1 medium banana - 124
1 c strawberries - 54

Dinner - 520
2 c lean turkey chili 440
4 T light sour cream 80

Snack - 400
Bag hot and spicy pork rinds - 400

All of that adds up to a neat 1976 calories, plenty of protein and next to no hunger throughout the day.

Now, if any nutritionists are reading that, yes I know...thats not ALL that it is about.  There are plenty of vitamins and my "macros" are off, but lets focus on the first part which is getting the calories under control.  

As far as the overall protein, fat, etc, according to myfitnesspal, I was...
56g under on carbs for the day (a good thing)
6g over on fat (not too shabby)
37g over on protein (definitely not a bad thing)
aaaaand (gasp) 1,773 over on sodium (thank you, pork rinds).

Really, thats not a bad start.  Protein is a good thing, and I wasn't too over on fat.  If I can keep that sodium under control with some lower-salt snack, that will be all good.

Okay, so theres day 1.  I dont know if I will do daily or weekly or whatever schedule for posts, but I will keep you posted.

Keep on walkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment