Saturday, February 11, 2017

Things happen

You know, things happen.

In August I found myself without a job. It was tough.

I tried to stay on track. Hell, I even wrote a blog post or two and kept going to meetings...for a few weeks.

But it got me down. Jobless...aimless to an extent...and all day at home alone to be with myself.

I fell back into old ways. No shame in admitting fault when you can recognize it and move forward.

Today I went back to one of my meetings. It felt good. It was strange seeing familiar faces and not seeing them too. I was afraid? Ashamed? But it was all in my head. I didn't know what to expect. In hindsight, where else do you go when you screw up and want to change? You don't go back to the food (which I had done over the past few months). You go back to the people that helped you through it the first time.

So here I am now. Less than 12 hours into the program and going strong. Hell, I even got a little exercise in.

The important thing when you stumble is not to let it take you down. Always get back up. At the end of your life, so long as you tried just one more time than you gave up, you can call it a win. 


Well, lets start walkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment